Posted by Shingleman on September 28, 2017 at 18:55:33:
Hawaiian Beef Fajita is always best when grilled over Pecan or Live Oak.
• 1 beef Flank Steak (about 1-1/2 pounds)
• 6 tablespoons reduced-sodium teriyaki sauce, divided
• 5-1/2 tablespoons pineapple juice, divided
• 1 tablespoon minced fresh grated ginger
• 3 bell peppers, seeded, cut into quarters
• 2 onions, cut into 1/2-inch thick slices
• 1 recipe Pineapple Salsa (recipe follows)
1. Combine 4 tablespoons teriyaki sauce, 4 tablespoons pineapple juice and ginger in small bowl; mix well. Place beef steak and teriyaki mixture in food-safe plastic bag; turn to coat. Close bag securely and marinate in refrigerator 6 hours or as long as overnight.
2. Remove steak from marinade; discard marinade. Spray onion slices and bell pepper lightly with cooking spray. Place steak in center of grid over medium, ash-covered coals; arrange bell peppers and onion slices around steak. Grill steak, bell peppers and onion slices, covered, 11 to 16 minutes (over medium heat on preheated gas grill, 16 to 21 minutes) for medium rare (145°F) to medium (160°F) doneness and bell peppers and onion slices are tender, turning occasionally. Keep warm.
3. Prepare Pineapple Salsa.
Combine 3/4 cup canned pineapple chucks or tidbits, drained, 1/2 cup diced sweet onion, 1/4 cup diced red or green bell pepper, 3 tablespoons minced jalapeño pepper, 1 tablespoon chopped fresh cilantro, 1 tablespoon apple cider vinegar and 1/2 teaspoon salt in small bowl. Cover and refrigerate until ready to use.
Nutrition information per serving: 341 calories; 7 g fat (3 g saturated fat; 3 g monounsaturated fat); 66 mg cholesterol; 40 mg sodium; 587 g carbohydrate; 4.1 g fiber; 28 g protein; 8.3 mg niacin; 0.8 mg vitamin B6; 1.4 mcg vitamin B12; 2.6 mg iron; 27.5 mcg selenium; 5.1 mg zinc; 95.5 mg choline.
Texas and Southwestern Cattle Raisers Association