Posted by Shingleman on February 18, 2018 at 19:32:33:
SMOKED Eggs Benedict Casserole
• Butter, for brushing alum half pan
• 8 English muffins, torn into small pieces
• 1 lb. ham steak & bacon, chopped
• 8 large eggs
• 2 c. whole cream
• 1 tsp. garlic powder
• kosher salt
• Freshly ground black pepper
• 4 large egg yolks
• Juice of 1/2 lemon
• 1 stick (1/2 cup) salted butter, melted
• Pinch of cayenne pepper
• Pinch of Parmesan cheese
• 1 drop of Worchestershire
• Paprika, for garnish
• Fresh parsley, torn, for garnish
1. Butter an aluminum half pan. Add a layer of torn English muffins, then ham & bacon, and continue layering until the English muffins and ham & bacon are all used up.
2. In a large bowl, whisk together eggs, cream, and garlic powder,worchestershire, parmesan, cayene and season with salt and pepper. Pour mixture over skillet and cover with plastic wrap. Refrigerate 1 hour or up to overnight.
3. When ready to bake, preheat BBQ smoker and cherry wood to 375°. Bake until egg is cooked through and top is golden, 1 hour. (Cover with foil if top is getting too brown.)
4. Meanwhile, make hollandaise: Bring a small saucepan with 2" water to a boil. In a medium bowl, whisk egg yolks with lemon juice. Put over saucepan and whisk continuously as you add butter and cayenne and season with salt.
5. Drizzle hollandaise over bake, sprinkle with paprika and parsley, and serve.